Champlain Valley Quilt Guild of Vermont
34th Quilt Show
"Coming Full Circle"
October 19, 20, and 21, 2018
Quilt Show Rules
To be updated for 2018
For all entrants:
- Each individual may enter more than one quilt, including multiples in any category. Up to three (3) entries TOTAL may be judged. If desired, all judged entries may be in one category or may be in multiple categories. There is no limit to un-judged entries, but the maximum judged entries per person is 3.
- Quilts in the display sections may be listed For Sale for an additional $5 per quilt to defray expenses.
- Be certain to give credit on your registration form to everyone who worked on the quilt, or any source you used for design or inspiration.
- Maximum insurance coverage by CVQG is $5,000. You must provide additional insurance if your quilt is worth more than $5,000. In addition, for quilts valued at $1,000 and over, please add an additional $5.00 along with your registration fee.
- Your entry must be available for judging and/or display from Tuesday October 18 to Sunday October 23, 2016. Information on getting your quilt to and from CVQG will be sent after your registration is received. No entry may be taken down before the end of the show. All entries will be available for return about 1 hour after the show closes at 4pm on Sunday, October 23rd.
- Quilts ineligible for judging are those made from pre-cut or pre-printed kits; quilts made by a child under the age of 14; and quilts made by a group (3 or more people worked on the item). An item made by a group should be entered in the most appropriate category for that item, but must not be entered for judging.
- Quilter’s names will be released to local VT newspapers unless Registrar is notified by registration deadline.
- All entries must have 3 layers and be quilted. No tied quilts are accepted in this category with the exception of antique and children's quilts.
- Entries are limited to quilts and wall hangings. No permanently framed or mounted work permitted in this category. Quilts made from "cheater cloth" are not permitted.
- Quilts must be clean and ready for hanging with a 5" wide sleeve sewn (not pinned) to the back, at the top. A quilt will not be accepted at quilt receiving if a sleeve is pinned on. Miniature quilts do not require a sleeve.
- Miniature Quilt Scope: The perimeter is 96” or less. The quilt must reflect reduced scale in miniaturization. In a photo you should not be able to distinguish the miniature quilt from a large quilt.
- If judged, judging will be according to traditional AQS rules. See point system on next page.
- Tied quilts entered as Crazy Quilts or in the Other category must be clean and ready for hanging with a 5" wide sleeve sewn (not pinned) to the back, at the top. A quilt will not be accepted at quilt receiving if a sleeve is pinned on.
- The Innovations category is meant to allow for experimentation and exploration by the members of our guild and to recognize the talents of those that are inclined to expand the boundaries of quilting. It is expected that entries into this category may or may not be quilted, may be framed, may be fabrics on canvas, etc. All entries must have a method for display that is safe. Keep in mind the means of display used by the guild is on fabric or hanging from chains. Absolutely no glass will be allowed on framed entries.
- The Quilt Show committee reserves the right to reject entries deemed inappropriate.
- If judged, judging will follow the point system laid out below.