Quilt Prep and Drop Off Information
Thank you for entering our 35th Quilt Show, to be held April 22 through 24, 2022, at Holy Family Parish Hall, Lincoln Street, Essex Junction, VT.
TO PREPARE EACH ENTRY:
TO PREPARE EACH ENTRY:
- Sew a 4” wide sleeve across the top of the quilt. (A double sleeve pocket is recommended made from a 10” wide piece of fabric folded lengthwise, so the rod does not touch the back of the entry.) We cannot hang a quilt without a rod pocket! It also cannot be pinned onto your quilt. It must be sewn on. However, Miniature Quilts do not require a sleeve.
- The registration process is mostly done on line so registrants will need to print out their Receipt Form and then cut it into the separate parts. Check the printed Receipt Form to make sure all information is accurate. Safety pin Part 3 to the bottom right corner of the back of your quilt. Receipt Form Part 1 must accompany your entry when you bring it to The State Building or mail it in. It will be put on file with your registration form. Please keep Part 2 of the Receipt Form for identification at the end of the show.
- Place each quilt separately in a clear or white drawstring plastic bag. Please do not use dry cleaning bags. Special packaging of your quilt is ONLY by permission from Mary Neighbours.
- Please deliver your entry to the Holy Family Parish Hall on Tuesday, April 19th between 5:00 and 7:00 pm. This is the same location as the Show.
- Notify Mary Neighbours by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (802-233-9595) before sending your quilt to alert her when your quilt will be arriving. Your quilt must be received by Mary between Monday, April 11th, and Friday, April 15th. Send to: Mary Neighbours, 56 Schillhammer Road, Jericho, VT 05465. If this will not work for you, notify Mary so she can give you another mailing address.
- Enclose the Quilt Mailing Form with your prepared quilt and adequate funds for return postage and insurance made payable to Mary Neighbours.
- You will be notified by e-mail when your quilt arrives. You will also be informed when it is being returned to you after the show. If you do not have e-mail, please enclose two stamped self-addressed postcards. Mary will send one when she receives your quilt and another when it is in the return mail.
- NOTE: If you are mailing in a quilt, do not label the box “Contents – Quilt”.
- All entries must remain for the entire show and should be ready 1 hour after the close of the show at 4:00 pm on Sunday, April 24th at the Holy Family Parish Hall. You have our assurance that nothing will leave our hands without your receipt and the correct corresponding number of the entry.
- If at all possible, please arrange to have your quilt collected either by yourself or by a friend for returning quilts by mail is a big task and is surprisingly expensive. Out-of-towners need to enclose adequate funds for the quilt’s return (see OR TO SHIP YOUR QUILT above). Local members who need to have their quilts returned by mail must enclose a $10.00 minimum fee. For insured shipment, additional adequate funds must be provided (see OR TO SHIP YOUR QUILT).
- If you need to have your quilt mailed back to you, please fill in the details in the Quilt Mailing Form and enclose the appropriate fee.